One of a number of special historic structures in the Park.
This shelter was created in 1892 to provide a dry, warm space for drivers of horse-drawn cabs in the centre of Ipswich.
It was moved from the Cornhill to the Park in 1895 where it was placed north-east of the Round Pond.
The Shelter was extensively damaged by fire in 1995. It was restored in 2006 and moved to the Westerfield Road entrance.